Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wiki worlds

My first experience with posting to a Wiki was related to this handout I created for the YALSA preconference in Washington D.C. in 2007 ("The Sins of YA Literature"). I could never get it into the YALSA wiki and have since felt somewhat incompetent with wikis. My second experience was with the MCPL Intranet, which inexplicably uses the term "wiki" to mean a holding place for a bunch of forms, files or other items related to...well anything on the site. Fine. Most recently the Board of Capitol Choices used Google Docs to share strategic planning ideas and information. But I love the idea of working together on a narrative or shared body of information. I'm just not sure I've found the group who will make a wiki work. In the meantime, I've added the wikihow widget to my Google homepage.

No comments: